The perparation you put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standara price and a great price. The best part is, it's not hard, time consuming or expensive. Whatever your motive for selling, the process can either be stress free or tense and disappointing. The good news is that you have the abillity to choose. There are four factors that will influence the outcome of any sale.
Method of Sale
When it comes to selling your property, there are three popular methods to choose from:
- Private Treaty (Sale)
- Public Auction
- Public Tender, Expression of interest
Sale Preparation Checklist
- Get the propety detailed thoroughly.
- A few hundred dollars spent sprucing up the property will increase the saleability and more than likely increase the sale price.
- a property stylist can improve the appeal of your property by enchaning its appearance. This helps in obtaining a higher sale price.
- The Contract for Sale and Section 32 (Vendor Statement) should be prepared by your solicitor or conveyancer with all the essential terms, conditions amd certificates . This sometimes can take a while, so don't delay instructing your solicitor or conveyancer. Most buyers request a copy of this document prior to inspecting the property.
- If there is a current lease, check the expiry date and termination require.
- Make a note of all the inclusions. That is, everything that will be included in the purchase price and remaining at the property after completion. Standarad items include light fittings, floor coverings, curtains and blinds. These can also be excluded if you prefer but it should be noted in the contract of sale.
Presentation When Selling Your Property
First impressions are very important both inside and outside when selling your property. Attractive presentation and atmosphere during inspections will tip the scales in your favour and create increased competition for your property resulting in a higher selling price.
Inner Real Estate NextRE have an established relationship with property stylist consultants who are highly experienced and proven performers in their field and staging of homes can be arranged promptly.